I used to blog at The Artful Hooker (naughty, I know!). I also wrote crochet tutorials and patterns for Crochet Spot. I decided to create a new blog because I felt like the things I wrote for The Artful Hooker don't exactly jive with who I am now. A LOT of things have happened to me since I stopped writing for my old blog:
- I switched jobs, trying to find my place in the sun (or workforce)
- I got married to my best friend, AKA the best husband in the world
- I became a mom to a beautiful baby girl
- I lost my mom, but she's happy in heaven now
- I quit the job I worked hard for, to help with our family business
- As cliche as it sounds, I realized that every moment we have is a blessing and that we should be thankful always, for everything that happens to us
- In between all of that I never stopped crocheting :)
In short, I've grown so much as a writer, crafter, daughter, sister, mother, wife, and all the other things that I am. I see life a little bit clearer, because through everything I've gone through I discovered the most important things in life.
Claireity Crochet is all about my journey in life, through crochet and other crafts. By sharing my experiences, I hope that I help other crafters discover what they truly want out of their craft. Every now and then I'll post tutorials and free patterns, too. I hope I can help a lot of people out there!